How to save configration file on Huawei ONTTMAdmin
There are many users who feedback that the configuration information cannot be saved after configuration on the Huawei ONT web page. In order to effectively solve this problem, I provide you with the following solutions:
1. After every configuration and modification, be sure to click “Apply“.
2. In the navigation tree on the left, choose System Tools > Configuration File. In the pane on the right, click the button as required as shown in the following Figure.
- Click Save to save the configuration file to the flash memory. This prevents data loss due to the restart of the device.
- Click Save and Restart to save the configuration file and reboot the ONT.
- Click Download Configuration File. In the dialog box that is displayed, click Save, specify the path of saving the configuration file, and then back up the file to the local disk.
- Click Browse following the Configuration File text box. In the dialog box that is displayed, select the configuration file to be uploaded. Click Update Configuration File to upload the configuration file that is saved in the local disk. After the configuration file is successfully uploaded, the device automatically restarts and then the new configuration takes effect.
Before uploading the configuration file, choose the configuration file with the correct type and the name of the selected configuration file must not be the same as that of any file saved in the device. Otherwise, the configuration file fails to be uploaded.
3. You can also Click the System Tools tab and then choose USB Backup Restore CFG from the navigation tree. In the pane on the right, the button as required, as shown in the following Figure.
- Select Enable restore from USB to configure whether the system supports the fast recovery of the backed-up configured file from the USB storage device.
- Click Backup configuration to back up the configuration file to the specified USB storage device.
After the configuration file in the USB storage device is successfully uploaded, the device is restarted and then the new configuration data takes effect.
4. Please do not restore the factory settings of the device at will. After restoring the device to factory settings, all configuration information will be lost. If you really need to do this, please back up key information.
Since the web pages of different models and versions of devices are different, the above information is for reference only.
That’ all, I hope my sharing will help you, Welcome everyone to leave a comment, thank you!