Huawei Wifi6 – the Game Changer
Hi there, everyone!
Wifi6 is the latest wireless standard, which can provide high connection speeds of up to 10 Gbits/s. It is normalized as IEEE 802.11ax and is about 40% faster than Wifi6 and the latency has considerably decreased with the use of MU-MIMO technology. Both EG8145X6 and HS8145X6 are WiFi6 ONTs. In this article, I would like to share how WiFi6 is going to change the WIFI world for the better and how it can what are the major benefits users can get from going to Huawei WiFi-6.
MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT WiFi NETWORKS
There are some misconceptions about WiFi networks. Let’s start by clearing these first.
The Peak Throughput of a Single Wi-Fi AP Exceeds X Gbps, which is a good thing for whole WLAN network. But the challenge in this is that in a typical WLAN, there are multiple APs and maintaining the constant throughput throughout the network is challenging. This is because AP’s individual performance is measured on a single channel of 160 MHz (for WIFI ac2 standard) but when it comes to actual network deployment, due to co-channel interference, channel width is reduced to 80 MHz or 40 MHz or in some extreme scenarios, channel width is reduced to 20MHz channel. Thus, bringing overall performance of the network down.
WLAN is equal to WiFi. In reality, different networks are constructed for different services. For example, Office WiFi, IoT Network, security network etc. But with new WiFi6 enabled APs, using IoT convergence, all WLAN will be able to be served from a single AP. This will significantly reduce the maintenance cost and network construction cost.
It is a common misconception that WLAN issues are difficult to resolve as they are hard to track. Its solution is brought up by Huawei’s simplified and intelligent O&M of wireless Networks, with self-optimization and self-management, it makes it very easy for the network admins to track and resolve the issues. Huawei’s solution is brining proactive and intelligent O&M using AI and algorithm for auto-optimization. It uses telemetry to precisely locate the issue and issue is most the time resolved using self-healing.
FACTORS AFFECTING WLAN PERFORMANCE
Following are some of the major factor effecting the WIFI Rate and how Huawei WiFi6 is going to upgrade these to give users best WLAN experience.
There are 4 factors that affect the WIFI rate: spatial stream, sub-carrier quality, symbol duration and coding mode.
1. In WiFi5, we use to have 4T4R (4 x trans, 4 x receive) spatial streams but in WiFi6, it is doubled to 8T8R. And being the technology leader, Huawei is gone one more step forward and have introduced 16R16T in the latest APs.
2. In WiFi5, we used to have 236 sub-carriers, whereas, in WiFi6 it is increased to 980 sub-carrier. Resulting in increased rate of each sub-carrier spatial stream 5%.
3. Wifi5 used to have 256 QAM coding for modulation but in WiFi6, it is enhanced to 1024-QAM coding. Thus, increasing bandwidth of each spatial stream by 25%.
4. In WiFi5, transmission time used to be 3.2 microsecond per terminal at each time which was improved greatly to 12.8 microseconds per terminal at each time; thus, allowing greater time to transmit data and increasing speed of each spatial stream by 6%.
HUAWEI WiFi6 SOLUTION (AT A GLANCE)
· Huawei has industry leading smart antenna where signals move with users for better reliable service and these antennas cover almost 20% more area then competition.
· Huawei Access Points have built-in independent dual-band scanning antennas which help in implementing real-time network awareness without sacrificing performance.
· Huawei APs have specialized beam forming technology which is derived from the 5G smart antenna algorithm resulting in better anti-interference capabilities and 100% stronger signal strength in the same position.
Radio optimization technology
· Huawei is the only vendor in the industry to flexible switch between 2-radio and 3-radio modes by using software defined radios (SDR).
· Huawei is using unique joint scheduling in the industry for OFDMA and MU-MINO which help in improving high density performance by 40%.
· Huawei is the only vendor in the industry that supports 1024-QAM at a distance of 6 m. Competitors support 1024-QAM at a distance of 3 m only.
Experience optimization technology
· Huawei uses Smart Radio intelligent application acceleration which results in Dynamic Turbo, achieving a 10ms latency, 50% lower than that in the industry standard of 20ms.
· One of the most highlighted features of Huawei Wifi6 APs is SmartRadio lossless roaming in office scenario where user-unaware roaming based on Huawei devices, with the roaming switchover time < 10ms. So, users don’t even feel the switchover and even voice/video call over the WLAN are smooth and jitter free when user is roaming.
· Huawei is the only vendor that simultaneously support IoT chips, built-in card, and USB expansion.
· Huawei provides strong hardware encryption using IPsec + DTLS, resulting in effectively protecting network security.
· Huawei offers flexible mounting brackets with applicable to 16 installation scenarios, such as ceiling mounting, wall mounting, and plasterboard wall mounting.
APPLICATIONS OF WiFi6
There are numerous applications that users can get a better result after upgrading to Wifi6. Some of the examples of such applications are below:
1. higher education – one of the best applications is in education by getting better experience in AR/VR teaching and wireless multimedia teaching.
2. large enterprises – it is very useful for large enterprises. They can increase productivity and decrease the overall network maintenance cost but going for all Wireless office without worrying for the lag and distortions.
3. shopping malls – shopping malls can benefit from upgrading to Wifi6. They can use wireless cashiers to increase mobility and customer reach.; self-service checkout machines can be used, ultimately increasing wireless scale. Moreover, using RFID based IoT sensors in WiFi6 APs, retailers can increase customer interaction, update prices on shelves remotely and run a better marketing campaigns.
4. production and manufacturing – by opting for automated production AVG, industries can benefit greatly from this.
5. public service – with larger coverage area and optimized throughput, it can also be used efficiently for public WiFi hotspots.
I hope you like the article. In the case of any query, please do let me know in the comments. Thank you!