NE40E Esight Netstream NTA Traffic Statistics InconsistencyTMAdmin
Esight Monitoring Fails to show Valid and Consistent Traffic figures on NE40E with Netstream Configured.
Although sampling rate had been made more frequent to enhance the traffic accuracy on Esight, valid data and statistic analysis still can not be shown.
- Configuration of Netstream Parameters following the Manuals.
- Beware that the Netstream functino need to acitvate on both the Interface view andSLOT view.
- Monitoring the traffic data rate on monitoring port, pay attention to the input and output bandwidth utilization
- Compare the Traffic Statistics between the Esight and the Data collected from the device
- In case inconsistency of Traffic Statistic occurs:
a. Tuning the sampling rate on monitoring devices, by “ip netstream sampler fix-packets 2000 inbound” , higher on lower sampling rate depends on the difference between the actual data rate and the traffic statistic on Esight
b. Double check the sampling rate configured on both the monitoring devices and that in the Esight , make sure they ar both consistent and the same in order to show accurate traffic statistic
- Fine tune the sampling on both the monitoring devics and Esight again to make the differences converge. A more realistic traffic statistics figures can take into account the Network Performance, Esight Server Capability, Bandwidth of the Interconnection, the End-User Host Traffic behaviour,etc.
In order to solve the Inconsistent Traffic statistics on Esight, we need to tune the packets sampling rate on both the NE40E and Esight .
Not only does the Sampling rate should being consistent in both the Netstream monitoring device and Esight , in order to measure and indicat the traffic data rate on the monitoring ports, we need to take into account for Network Performance, Esight Server Capability, Bandwidth of the Interconnection, the End-User Host Traffic behaviour,etc.
Esight with Netstream NTA configuation is a common deployment method to monitor the Network Performance and enforce the traffic Policy as well as enhancing the Network Security. The ports being monitoring offen connecting to the Internet and Public Network ,may be using BGP.
Inorder to show accurate statistics for the network, the sampling rate on the devices should be properly configured, taking into account on the network performance, bandwidth of the Data channel,Esight Server performance, Traffic Behaviour, End-User applications, etc.