Protect Group using Dual Parenting. When OLT1 down and OLT2 cannot recover service ONT immediatelyTMAdmin
Customer having issue with OLT1 and OLT2 switch-over ONT are immediately but for service not recover immediately if OLT1 down and switch-over to OLT2. It will take more than 5 minutes.
1. Check on both OLT1 and OLT2 dual homing configuration.
2. Check on both OLT1 and OLT2 version , seems that the version of both OLT is different and suggest to upgrade.
- From what customer informed , switch-over ONT immediately from OLT1 to OLT2 but service not switch-over immediately.the issue is cleared that uplink at switch not configure L2 isolation.
- From the topology it seems that customer need to configure L2 isolation at the MPLS side or add another switch in between and configure L2 isolation.
5. Check on both OLT1 and OLT2 mac address learned during the switch-over activity
When the OLT1 down, OLT1 still learned ONT mac address from ONT-side(gpon) and OLT2 still learned ONT from the uplink-side(eth) not from ONT-side (gpon). to solve this issue , switch connected to OLT need to configure L2 isolation at the uplink.
the issue is due to switch from the OLT uplink network not configure L2 isolation.
Need to configure L2 isolation on the switch uplink side.