The OLT Cannot Be Added to NCEBetty
Today I’d like to share a case with you about the issue that the OLT cannot be added to NCE. Please see more details below.
The new project deployed an OLT, but it cannot be added to NCE.
1. Ping test from the OLT to the NCE server and ping test from the NCE OS to the OLT to confirm that the network is reachable.
2. Check the SNMP configuration from the OLT and NCE, confirm whether the SNMP parameters configuration in the OLT and NCE are the same.
//check snmpv2c read and write community from OLT MA5800-X7:
MA5800-X7#display snmp-agent community read MA5800-X7#display snmp-agent community write
//check snmpv2c configuration of the NCE SNMP template:
Log in to the O&M plane, click Network Management Application, from the Main Menu > System > NE Communication Parameters > Default Access Protocol Parameters, find the template which adds the OLT to NCE and to use it click Modify SNMP Template to check the snmpv2c configuration, or to reconfigure the community parameters.
3. From the NCE OS, capture the packets when adding the OLT to NCE. Check to find out whether the OLT side does not reply to the SNMP packets. Suspect there is a firewall between the OLT and NCE.
4. Check the OLT firewall settings to confirm that the OLT does not enable the firewall. The customer confirmed that ther is no firewall between the OLT and NCE.
//OLT check firewall if enabled:
MA5800-X7(config)#display sysman firewall
5. Check the device product documentation. Find that the new version (R20 or later version) OLT increased more SNMP-related commands. Configure the system server source SNMP any-interface and from NCE add the OLT successfully.
The sysman server source configuration is missing.
From the OLT configure the below command：
sysman server source snmp any-interface sysman server source snmp ipv6
1. It is suggested to configure the SNMP source to any interface; configuring the SNMP source to the management vlanif can also work.
2. If using IPV6 to manage the OLT, please reference to the above command enable ipv6 source.
3. If SSH cannot log in to the OLT, enable the similar SSH source command as per below:
sysman server source ssh any-interface sysman server source ssh ipv6