Bridge Mode and Routing Mode ONTsuri
So today I will briefly introduce the bridging mode and routing mode of ONT, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of these two modes.
If you want to know whether the bridge mode or the routing mode is better for the ONT, you must first understand their difference.
The original function of the ONT is as a translator, an important tool to convert optical fiber signals into network devices, and it needs to be connected to a router or a computer to access the Internet normally. With the development of the Internet, the ONT has been upgraded to a routing ONT, which has both photoelectric conversion and routing functions.
Advantages of bridge mode ONT
- Stable. After the bridge mode is used, the ONT only performs the signal conversion and does not need to undertake data forwarding. It can reach the highest bandwidth network speed provided by the operator and get rid of the performance limitation of the ONT.
Disadvantages of bridge mode ONT
- The operator cannot control the ONT
- Users are unable to use the gateway APP to control the ONT.
Bridge type model: HG8310M
Advantages of routing mode ONT
- Operators can control the ONT. After the ONT uses the routing mode, the operator can modify the parameters in the ONT through the background, thus reducing the maintenance cost of the operator.
- Users can change some of their ONT information online through the APP, such as the ONT WIFI name and password, etc., and can also see the memory of the ONT, CPU, and other information.
Disadvantages of routing mode ONT
- The network of the ONT is unstable under routing mode. Because the hardware configuration of the ONT is relatively poor, it needs to perform signal conversion and is also responsible for routing and forwarding. There is no problem if there are few devices that need to be connected to the Internet. On the contrary, the ONT network will become very unstable.
- The operator can see the device connected by the user in the background at any time and alter the operation. By connecting the device information, they can see how many people are often at home in this family, and how many people have visited the user’s home this year. These undoubtedly have great privacy and security issues.
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact: [email protected]