Change the SSID and password of HG8245HTMAdmin
Most Huawei ONTs have the Wi-Fi function. Of course, there are some ONTs do not have the Wi-Fi function. This post will describe how to change the user password, and SSID of the Huawei ONT. For Huawei ONTs with Wi-Fi functions, such as HG8045, HG8045A, HG8245, HG8245H, HG8245Q, HG8245T, HG8247 and HG8247H, perform the following steps to change the Wi-Fi SSID and password:
1. In most cases, the default user name for logging in to the web page is root, the password is admin, and the IP address is 192.168.100.1. However, for security reasons, the default password or IP address may have been changed before delivery. The nameplate prevails. Enter the IP address in the address bar of your browser.
2. Enter the default login account and password on the nameplate on the rear of the ONT, and click Login.
3.Click the Advanced Configuration > WLAN tab, and choose WLAN Basic Configuration from the navigation tree on the left. In the right pane, configure the basic parameters of the Wi-Fi network, and modify the Wi-Fi SSID and password in the text boxes marked in red in the following figure.
Username and password for logging in to the web interface
- You can obtain default username and password on the product nameplate.
- Enter the IP address in the browser address bar and press “Enter”. In the “Login” window, input “Username” and “Password” according to the product nameplate.
- Click the System Tools tab and then choose Modify Login Password from the navigation tree. In the right pane, change the password of the user.
- For some ONTs, you can change user password after choosing Advanced Configuration > System Management > Account Management.
- HG8010, HG8010H, HG8240, HG8240H, HG8240T, HG8240W are bridging ONTs and do not have the Wi-Fi function. You need to change the Wi-Fi password on the connected router. For details about how to change the Wi-Fi password, consult the router vendor
If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact: [email protected].