Configure GPON rate limit
Today I am going to share with you this section which introduces GPON service based rate limit, which offers different application QoS for various GPON access services.
- GPON access mode provides a variety of traffic rate limiting methods. The downstream traffic rate can be limited through IP traffic templates and ACL rules. DBA templates can also be used to control the upstream bandwidth of the ONT. At the same time, the GEM Port and GEM can be set on the ONT. The traffic rate of the service flow mapped on the port is limited.
- The traffic rate limit of GPON service can be executed simultaneously on OLT and ONT. When multiple traffic rate limits exist on the system at the same time, the configured minimum rate shall prevail.
- Which method is used to limit traffic in the upstream direction of the ONT mainly depends on the capabilities of the ONT. When the ONT supports multiple traffic rate limiting, if the upstream traffic of the ONT is not large, the DBA template can be used to limit the upstream bandwidth of the ONT. For example, FTTH services. If a T-CONT carries the upstream traffic of multiple users, the GEM Port is generally used to limit the rate to prevent a user from occupying the upstream bandwidth for a long time. For example, FTTB/FTTC services. If the priority in the user message is trustworthy, the PQ scheduling mode is generally used. For example, corporate users.
- The traffic rate on the OLT is limited.
- There are two ways to limit the traffic rate by configuring the IP traffic template. They are: traffic management based on services flow, and traffic management based on port + CoS.
- When you configure ACL to limit the rate of traffic, you can limit the rate of traffic that matches ACL rules. For detailed configuration, see: Configuring to limit traffic that matches ACL rules.
- The traffic rate on the ONT is limited.
5680t, light cat speed limit-1650569-1 Description:
- For MxU devices, you can configure the IP traffic template to limit the downstream traffic rate based on the service flow. The downstream traffic rate can also be limited based on the port. For detailed description, please refer to the manual of the MxU device.
- For the H805GPBD board, you can use the traffic-limit ont command to limit the flow of downstream packets on the specified ONT. The downstream packets on the ONT use the Shapping function to limit the flow, buffer the packets that exceed the flow limit (that is, the PIR parameter in the flow profile), and send the buffered packets when appropriate (for example, periodic check) Go out, reduce discarded packets, and meet the traffic characteristics of packets.
1- Use the dba-profile add command to add a DBA template. The DBA template is used to realize the reasonable scheduling of the ONT uplink bandwidth and achieve the maximum utilization of bandwidth. There are five types of DBA templates. Generally, high-priority services use Type1 or Type2, and low-priority services use Type3 or Type4. The characteristics of various types of templates are shown in Table 1.
Table 1 Features of DBA template
|That is, the fixed bandwidth. After binding this type of template, the system will allocate the bandwidth of the specified bandwidth value regardless of whether there is upstream traffic.
|That is, bandwidth is guaranteed. After binding this type of template, as long as the upstream traffic does not exceed the specified value, the bandwidth demand can be met. When there is no upstream traffic, no bandwidth is allocated.
|That is, a mixture of guaranteed and non-guaranteed bandwidth. This type of template can specify a guaranteed value and a non-guaranteed value. After the system has allocated all the fixed bandwidth and guaranteed bandwidth, if there is remaining bandwidth, the bandwidth can be allocated to the reference. For template users, the bandwidth value does not exceed the non-guaranteed bandwidth.
|It means best-effort forwarding. Only a maximum value needs to be specified for this type of template. After binding the template, the priority of obtaining bandwidth is the lowest. When the fixed bandwidth, guaranteed bandwidth, and non-guaranteed bandwidth are all allocated, if there is remaining bandwidth in the system, the bandwidth will be allocated to the users who refer to the template, and the bandwidth value is not Exceeds the specified maximum value.
|A mixed type template, the above four types of values need to be specified separately during configuration.
2- Use the ont-lineprofile gpon command to add an ONT line profile and enter the ONT line profile mode.
3- Use the tcont command to bind T-CONT and DBA template. It is recommended to use one TCONT for each service type, and plan for different bandwidth guarantee types for different TCONTs.
4- Use the qos-mode command to configure the QoS mode in the ONT line template to ensure that the QoS mode is consistent with the QoS mode of the configured GEM Port.
By default, the QoS mode of the ONT line template mode is the PQ (priority-queue) scheduling mode, that is, the ONT scheduling mode. There are three QoS modes:
- gem-car: Based on the flow control mode of the GEM Port in the T-CONT, it means to perform flow control on the specified GEM Port in the upstream direction of the ONT, and limit the rate of data packets carried by the GEM Port. When this mode is selected, the mode in the gem add command must be gem-car, and the maximum traffic is determined by the traffic template bound to the GEM. When multiple GEM Ports are included in the T-CONT, the scheduling of packets between multiple GEM Ports depends on the default scheduling mode of the ONT.
- flow-car: The flow control mode based on the service flow in the GEM Port, which means that the specified service flow is flow controlled in the upstream direction of the ONT. When this mode is selected, flow-car must be selected for the gem mapping command, and the maximum flow rate is determined by the flow template bound to the service flow. The control force is more detailed than the gem-car method. After the traffic control method of the service flow is completed, the scheduling is performed in the T-CONT queue. The scheduling method depends on the default scheduling mode of the ONT. Before configuration, you need to ensure that the required traffic template has been created using the traffic table ip command.
5680t, light cat speed limit-1650569-2 Description:
The service flow here refers to the service channel from the ONT to the OLT, which is different from the service flow created using the service-port command.
- priority-queue: Based on the priority queue scheduling mode of the GEM Port in T-CONT, it means that in the upstream direction of the ONT, multiple GEM Ports are scheduled according to the queue priority. When this mode is selected, the mode in the gem add command must also be priority-queue. The system defaults to 8 queues (0-7), and queue 7 has the highest priority, which guarantees the flow of this queue first. The maximum traffic is determined by the DBA template bound to the corresponding T-CONT.
5- Use the commit command to make the template configuration parameters take effect. You must perform this operation for the configuration of the line template to take effect.
The GPON port 0/2/1 is connected to the ONT, and its ID is 1. Ordinary users require high-speed Internet access services with 2M bandwidth. The priority of user messages is trustworthy, and the PQ mode is used for scheduling, and the priority is 1. The system default IP traffic template 5 is used to limit the rate of the GPON port, and the CIR is 2048Kbit/s. Configure DBA profile 10, the type is Type 4, and the maximum upstream bandwidth of the ONT is 100 Mbit/s.
huawei(config)#dba-profile add profile-id 10 type4 max 102400
huawei(config)#ont-lineprofile gpon profile-id 5
huawei(config-gpon-lineprofile-5)#tcont 1 dba-profile-id 10
huawei(config-gpon-lineprofile-5)#gem add 1 eth tcont 1 priority-queue 1
huawei(config-gpon-lineprofile-5)#gem mapping 1 2 vlan 10
huawei(config-if-gpon-0/2)#ont confirm 1 ontid 1 sn-auth 32303131B39FD641
snmp ont-lineprofile-id 5
huawei(config)#service-port 101 vlan 100 gpon 0/2/1 ont 1 gemport 1 rx-cttr 5 tx-cttr 5