- Reviews (4)
The EG8247W is a routing-type ONT in the Huawei all-optical access solution. It uses GPON technology to implement ultra-broadband access for users.
It provides 4 GE ports, 1 POTS port, 1 USB port, and 1 2.4G&5G WiFi port. The high forwarding performance ensures the user experience of voice, data, and HD video services, and provides customers with an ideal all-optical access solution and future-oriented service support capability.
This GPON Terminal with 4*GE+1*POTS+1*USB+2.4G/5G Wifi with 4*5dBi antennas, which is similar to EG8145V5
- Smart service
- Smart interconnection
- Smart O&M
- Compatible with Huawei OLT
- ENG firmware, ENG interface, ENG indicator
- Can be configured by OLT or Web or NMS
|Working environment||Operating temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC|
|Environment humidity: 5% to 95% (noncondensing)|
|Static power consumption||9.7 W|
|Power specifications||Power adapter input: 100 to 240 V AC, 50–60 Hz|
|System power supply: 12V, 1.5 A|
|User-side Ports||4xGE+1xPOTS+1xUSB+2.4G/5G WIFI|
|Dimensions(length x width x height)||295 mm x 215 mm x 25 mm|
|Weight||About 500 g|
|GPON Port||• Class B+
• Receiver sensitivity: -27 dBm
• Overload optical power: -8 dBm
• Wavelengths: US 1310nm, DS 1490nm
• Wavelength blocking filter (WBF) of G.984.5
• Flexible mapping between GEM Port and TCONT
• GPON: consistent with the SN or password
authentication defined in G.984.3
|Ethernet Port||• Ethernet port-based VLAN tags and tag removal
• 1:1 VLAN, N:1 VLAN, or VLAN transparent
• QinQ VLAN
• Limit on the number of learned MAC addresses
• MAC address learning
• Auto-adaptive 10 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s or 1000 Mbit/s
|POTS Port||• G.711A/μ, G.729a/b, and G.722 encoding/decoding
• T.30/T.38/G.711 fax mode
• Emergency calls (with the SIP protocol)
|USB Port||• USB2.0
• FTP-based network storage
• File/Print sharing based on SAMBA
• DLNA function
|WLAN||• IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2.4G)
• IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac (5G)
• 4 x 4 MIMO (5G)
|Smart interconnection||• Smart Wi-Fi coverage
• SIP/H.248 auto-negotiation
• Any port any service
• Parental control
|Smart service||• Scheduled Wi-Fi shutdown
• Smart Wi-Fi sharing:
|Smart O&M||• IPTV video quality diagnosis
• Rogue ONT detection and isolation from the OLT
• Call emulation, and circuit test and loop-line test
• PPPoE/DHCP simulation testing
• WLAN emulation
|Layer 3 Features||• PPPoE/Static IP/DHCP
• Port forwarding
• ALG, UPnP
• DDNS/DNS server/DNS client
• IPv6/IPv4 dual stack, and DS-Lite
• Static/Default routes
• Multiple services on one WAN port
|Multicast||• IGMP v2/v3 proxy/snooping
• MLD v1/v2 snooping
|QoS||• Ethernet port rate limitation
• 802.1p priority
• Broadcast packet rate limitation
|Common O&M||• OMCI/Web UI/TR069
• Variable-length OMCI messages
• Dual-system software backup and rollback
Dual-band ONT Comparation
Q: What does 5G WIFI mean?
A: 5G Wi-Fi (802.11ac) refers to Wi-Fi that operates in the 5Ghz radio wave frequency band and uses the 802.11ac protocol.
Q: What is the difference between 2.4G WIFI and 5G WIFI?
A: 2.4G WIFI Advantages
The signal is better than 5G WIFI. 2.4G WIFI works in the 2.4G frequency band. According to the physical characteristics of electromagnetic waves, the longer the wavelength, the less attenuation. The frequency of 2.4G WIFI is low and the wavelength is long, so when the signal passes through obstacles, the attenuation is relatively small and can be transmitted. farther away.
2.4G WIFI Disadvantages
The 2.4G signal bandwidth is narrow, and most home appliances and wireless devices use the 2.4G frequency band. The wireless environment is more crowded and the interference is greater.
Advantages of 5G WIFI
The 5G signal bandwidth is wider, the wireless environment is relatively clean, the interference is less, the network speed is stable, and the 5G can support higher wireless rates.
5G Wi-Fi disadvantages
The frequency of a 5G signal is higher, the attenuation is greater when propagating in the air or obstacles, and the coverage distance is generally smaller than that of a 2.4G signal.
Q: Does WIFI6 belong to dual-band?
A: Yes, WiFi6 covers 2.4&5.8GHz dual-band; the capacity of WiFi 6 is almost four times that of WiFi 5.